Monday, May 17, 2010

Problem in growing sunflower.?

Something eat my sunflower's leaves, what can i do for it ? Thank you.

Problem in growing sunflower.?
you can use a mild solution of dish soap about 1 tsp of dish soap to a gallon of water and spray it on or seven but i think that ants pollinate them cause the wild ones and my domestic one always have ants on them or it could be something like rabbits or deer eating them and them you just have to chase them off some say hanging a bar of Irish spring bar soap near trees and such will repeal animalls
Reply:Sometimes insects do bother my sunflowers' leaves. It my case the Japanese beetles have been bad this year. If you can identify the insect you may be able to trap or kill them. But, you might end up killing "good" bugs too. Also, even when my leaves get eaten my plants still grow. Also, I don't know if you've grown sunflowers before but, it has been my experience that as sunflowers grow sometimes lower leaves just naturally die and fall off. So maybe this could be part of the problem. Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment