Saturday, November 14, 2009

When will my sunflower seeds grow?

I planted them on wednesday. They are sky scarper sunflower seeds. I planted them in many places in my garden including pots to give them better chances of growing.


My question is when will a green stem or leaf apper from the soil??





I live in Las Vegas, NV and its the right season to plant them according to the package.

When will my sunflower seeds grow?
You may have to wait anything up to three weeks but it will probably be a lot less - depends on lots of things like freshnenss of seed, hardness of the seed coating, amount of moisture in the soil etc. As you live in a dry area be sure you don't let the soil dry out completely, as when the seed has started to grow it will die if it dries out before its got going.


Good luck.
Reply:My mammoth sunflowers usually start popping up 1-2 weeks after planting. You should keep the soil moist if the soil is really dry - you don't want the seedling to dry out.





Sometimes the squirrels dig mine up after I plant them!


No comments:

Post a Comment