Saturday, November 14, 2009

Feeding a horse sunflower seeds?

my friend says she feeds her horse sunflower seeds and she really likes it (shell too)


%26amp;%26amp; i was wondering if anyone else does it and if is ok for my horse. also what other kinds of treats do you feed your horses besides apples and carrots.

Feeding a horse sunflower seeds?
Shells aren't great for people - they can bind you up - too many would probably do the same to your horse. A few wouldn't be a big issue but I wouldn't let them munch down a bag full. I had a mare that loved black berries - we would stop on our trail rides and munch on them. One of my geldings likes junk food. There was a ranch hand that used to feed hamburgers to one of the studs in the barn - freaked me out but the horse loved them.

opera music

No comments:

Post a Comment