Monday, November 16, 2009

Sunflower seeds, just how bad are they for you?

I eat a lot of sunflower seeds. I munch on them throughout the day and don't snack on any other foods, other than fruit and my meals. Aside from being high in sodium, is there another reason I should steer away from them? (Oh, and they are Spitz brand)

Sunflower seeds, just how bad are they for you?
If you eat unsalted and unflavored ones you can eat them all day. They have natural oils in them that are good for you. As for spitz, they have preservatives, and too much sodium which is bad for you. Try eating plain ones which are actually healthy for you. Or switch to eating healthy snacks like baby carrots, strawberries, cherries, things like that.
Reply:Sunflower seeds, alike most nuts, are quite high in fats, some cases, very very high in fats. I used to have the Spitz ones here and there when driving to work, there's a ton of fat in them.





Nuts do 'technically' have healthy required fats but in all honestly, if your trying to lose weight, my opinion, steer clear of them.... I did, and along with working out, a daily cardio routine and very healthy food intake, I've easily gotten to my goals, and beyond....





Best of luck with your future fitness goals....!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment